This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird problem with Chrome

I'm having a weird problem with Chrome and e-mail links.

If I click a link in an e-mail, Chrome will open for a fraction of a second, and then close. If I open Chrome first, and then click the link in the e-mail, it goes to the proper page in Chrome with no problem.

This has been happening with the last few kernel and chrome updates so I haven't specified my current versions.

Has anyone else seen this, and can anyone offer a suggestion... except for always opening chrome first

Thanks
    Bob

Re: Weird problem with Chrome

I'm running ver. 9.0.597.44 and I have never experienced this problem using Thunderbird for e-mail. What e-mail client are you using?
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

I'm running Thunderbird as well.

I don't believe the problem is with TBird... it's Chrome... it opens, then closes immediately, and I'm back in TBird.

Don't understand it, but until it cures itself with another update, I'll just have to remember to open Chrome first... then there's no problem.

Bob

Comment

It may help to use the terminal to open Thunderbird then open a link with Chrome. The terminal should reflect some sort of problem. Fixing it is another problem, though. That's the risk of running this beta of Chrome. It does some weird stuff to me sometimes as well.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
        X