X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashplayer sound - broken again

Hi,

I'm running Kubuntu 10.04 LTS from a clean installation since shortly after it was released. It works like a dream except for the usual "no sound on flashplayer videos" (BBC iPlayer, YouTube, etc)

It was working fine a few days ago, and now it isn't. I hadn't changed anything before the problem arose and, as far as I know, in the intervening period there have only been a handful of security updates....

Why is it that there seems to be a universal rule that Linux+Flash=Nightmare?

I'm stuck as to how to fix it. System sounds and Amorak are fine - it's just the usual Flash/Firefox/Sound problem - something that seems to haunt more than a handful of Linux distributions - and has done so for at least a few years.

Does anyone have a definitive guide to making Flash sound work? Since the problem arose, I've tried numerous suggested solutions but none have worked. As in so many examples of Flash sound problems with Linux, the suggested solutions work for a few people but not for everyone and, unfortunately, not for me. I'd be more than happy to slog my way through an authoritative, detailed, step-by step guide that stood a good chance of fixing this - but I haven't found one.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Flashplayer sound - broken again

I'm interested in this too. There seems to always be a problem. At this point I seem to have the opposite problem from Mike. When I play some radio stations a window opens up with a player, but when I close the window it keeps playing. When I go to play something else, then I have two audio streams! I'm stuck with having to kill the browser and start over. It seems to me that there is some on/off mechanism which is not working properly. I would be nice to have a standalone way to control flash. Something with on and off in it.

Comment

Re: Flashplayer sound - broken again

Also interested. I just installed Oneiric and now there is no sound if Firefox, tho Amarok is fine.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X