This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE3 KAddressbook in KDE4

The new version of KAddressbook included in KDE4 does not meet my needs. I understand that the old version (from KDE3) isn't going to make it to the main repositories (sad, but understandable).

Is there a way of installing the old version from KDE3? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a different program along the same lines?

I've tried a couple of different ways so far (probably inadvisable methods):

1. Installing the kaddressbook package from an old version of Kubuntu.
    2. Installing the kaddressbook-kde3 package from the Lucid KDE3 repositories.
    3. Looking for the kontact or kaddressbook installation from KDE directly (which I can't seem to find).

I appreciate any assistance or advice.

Re: KDE3 in KDE4

This is post more than 120 days. I changed my kubuntu 10.04 to use kde3 using trinity via pearsoncomputing way back in spring 2011. Since they've changed their kde3 to tde. I guess trinity claimed it calling it trinity desktop environment. The last 7 days 11/20/11 to 11/27/11 I've attempted updating to tde with no luck. I gave up returning to the install of trinity kde3. Anyway when I look in synaptics I do find kaddressbook, and kaddressbook-kde3. Just an FYI in case anyone is searching about this.

Comment

Working...
    X