X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Embedded YouTube videos won't play in Firefox

Originally posted by kyonides
    Good for you but I really thought you said you disabled ALL add-ons... That's why no one would ever suggest something like that.
    I did disable all add-ons. I even ran it in Safe Mode and the error persisted.

I've always had third-party cookies turned off, and I've never had an issue, so I didn't think it could be that. Someone on the Ubuntu Forums says he has third-party cookies turned off and he's having no problems. So I have no idea why I'm having errors with third-party cookies off. But I turn them on, and the error goes away. So while it may be best in the long run to figure out why the error happens for me and not anyone else, I'm at least happy there's a workaround.

Comment

Well, it's one of the weirdest workarounds, but if it works, then who cares, right?
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Jammy 22.04
      Before: Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win / & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Thanks to a user on the Ubuntu Forums, I have the problem fixed.

Something got messed up in my old Firefox profile, so he instructed me in how to backup all my important settings and transfer them to a new profile. Everything works fine now.

I still have no idea what broke or how, or even why that cookie thing worked. But at least the error is gone.

Comment

Working...
        X