X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compiz kills activity bar

Hi,
    I have noticed that when I turn compiz on the activity bar will no longer switch activities.
    I have five activities on a twinview setup the two "main" activities have the mouse wheel as switch desktop, the three other activities are set to switch activity on mouse wheel, and it just occurred to me that that might be the problem, although I'm not sure how the mouse wheel and activity bar would be associated together.
    I'll have to try that when I get home, in the mean time anybody else see this?
    Thanks

Re: compiz kills activity bar

You can't run two windows managers at the same time. If you are using Compiz, the other is/should be disabled.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      You can't run two windows managers at the same time. If you are using Compiz, the other is/should be disabled.
      I don't think I am running two window managers at a time, when I do compiz --replace it turns kwin off, or are plasma activities considered window managers?

Comment

what really is going on is your plasma isnt communicating with compiz. It needs to boot in a wierd fashion. I noticed I could not get blurr effect on mines unless I told it to load in a certain fashion.

I don't want to type anything but create a script and past the boot.sh settings I have to offer in this page

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3111692.0

Comment

here it is..i simplified it

##############################################
          #!/bin/bash
          #this script needs kwin enabled at start to work.
          #leave checkmark and opengl enabled for
          #systemssettings->Desktop->general and opengl in advanced.
          #add this in autostart in system settings under advanced.
          #do not createas link and leave startup option alone.

sleep 12 && killall plasma-desktop |
          sleep 1 && emerald --replace | compiz | kstart plasma-desktop

exit
          ##############################################

Comment

Working...
          X