This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Right-click mount ISO

I'd like to be able to right-click on ISO files and have a Mount option that will mount them as virtual drives. I understand Dolphin is supposed to have the ability built-in, via Open with... > Archive mounter, but it doesn't seem to do anything on my system.

I've also tried a couple of scripts, such as Furius ISO mount, but they mount the files as folders, not virtual drives.

--Nathanael

P.S. What an annoying registration process. Any reason why registrants are forced to answer a Captcha *and* FIVE! verification questions? And how many average registrants would know that the capital of India is New Delhi (as opposed to just Delhi, which is what I tried four times before having to google it)?

Re: Looking for Right-click mount ISO

Originally posted by Nathanael
    P.S. What an annoying registration process. Any reason why registrants are forced to answer a Captcha *and* FIVE! verification questions? And how many average registrants would know that the capital of India is New Delhi (as opposed to just Delhi, which is what I tried four times before having to google it)?
    Because KFN had a problem with Bots getting accounts. We tried several approaches before the current method, and they only worked for a short time before the 'bad guys' found ways around our 'defenses.' Since the implementation of our current registration method, we have had zero bot accounts created.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The gmountiso package may be what you want.
      Alternatively, you could create a mount script, and set that as the default option in SystemSettings > Advanced > File Associations.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

"This is a frontend to the 'mount -o loop -t iso9660 foo.iso /mountpoint' command"

For the CLI folks.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Originally posted by Nathanael
          a Captcha *and* FIVE! verification questions?
          Because KFN had a problem with Bots getting accounts.
          I run several sites myself, so I hear you on the spambots. May I suggest an alternate approach? I've noticed spambot registrations always follow a pattern: first name and last name are the same. A month ago I dropped two lines of PHP code into my registration form to do a simple compare (plus a counter to track spambot attempts), and I literally haven't had a successful bot registration since. All without captcha or verification questions.

--Nathanael

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            "This is a frontend to the 'mount -o loop -t iso9660 foo.iso /mountpoint' command"
            Furiusmount and, presumably, others are as well. But the mount command simply mounts the ISO file as a subdirectory of the filesystem. I want the ISO to appear as if it's a cdrom drive, a la VirtualCD or other Windows utils of that ilk.

--Nathanael

Comment

*BUMP*

Comment

Working...
              X