X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Thunderbird update

Hello Kubuntu Community,

as I understand the update to Lucid Lynx came with an upgrade to Thunderbird 3.0.4.
    On my laptop it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately on my desktop machine I had already manually installed Thunderbird 3 parallel to the older version. After the update I wanted to remove this parallel version and use the upgraded one. But now I cannot even start Thunderbird. The package is installed, but starting it via command line just results in a fresh prompt. No Thunderbird, no error.
    I am assuming that I have some leftovers from the manually installed version, but I cannot find them.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?

Regards

Kane

Re: Thunderbird update

Open your /home directory. In dolphin select view/show hidden files.

You are probably looking for 2 folders, 1 marked .mozilla-thunderbird and possibly another simply called thunderbird. Rename both by right click/rename and put .old after them so they won't move.

Then launch t'bird

It will create new versions of one of the folders.

If you have settings and mail folders you want to preserve then copy and paste the old default profile into the new folder . Give the original default profile folder the same name as the newly created one (you will have to give the other one a name change first). You should then be up and running.

Comment

[solved] Thunderbird update

thank you for your quick reply. After some failed attempts because of multiple profiles and such I finally got it working.
      Thank you so much!

Regards

Kane

Comment

Re: Thunderbird update

Glad it worked

Comment

Working...
        X