This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search.conduit.com

My daughter downloaded a game from some site without asking me if it was safe. It made her install a toolbar that I didn't want called search conduit. I uninstalled the toolbar, but now the site has hijacked all my google queries. I cannot even do a simple boolean search anymore. I just need ot know how to get rid of this. When I do a google search it comes up with something like this

http://search.conduit.com/ResultsExt...ch.conduit.com

please don't visit the url in case it is some kind of firefox virus.
    How do I get rid of this?
    I've been Shot, Stabbed, and have been afraid for my life. There isn't much you can do to me that hasn't already been done.

Re: search.conduit.com

In the Firefox URL type about:config then search on conduit to see where it appears.

The keys that are likely changed are in the snapshot below.

Attached Files
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ok ill try it. thanks
      I've been Shot, Stabbed, and have been afraid for my life. There isn't much you can do to me that hasn't already been done.

Comment

I typed in conduit, and reset all of them. It works flawlessly now. Thank you so much.

Comment

Happy to have assisted.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Couldn't help but notice your avatar, talimtim. I too, have a "I did not duck fast enough" badge. Got mine in Vietnam. Where did you get yours?

Comment

Working...
            X