This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(No Longer) Concerned About Lucid

I have ordered a CD of Lucid, and may try an on-line upgrade as that worked well in moving to Karmic. However, I'm concerned about some of the comments I'm seeing about Lucid. Granted most of them seem to be from the RC version and earlier.

If it works, then I'll proceed, if there are others with concerns, I'll wait. My old laptop has absolutely NO esoteric hardware or configurations and has worked for a long time under 7.10 on up through Karmic. Even the Broadcom wifi chip is no problem with the b43 package.

I'm ready to rsync my /home to my backup drive at any time and move on. What's the vedict?
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Re: Concerned About Lucid

I also was a bit apprehensive about upgrading to LL.
    No worries! although I did spend a whole afternoon trying to fix Plymouth Issue....
    other than the whole Plymouth not liking Nvidia thing
    Life is good. I would def. go ahead & upgrade IMHO

Comment

it's a beautiful OS.

do it.
      Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
      Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
      Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Definitely go for it (but back up first

Comment

+1
          8)
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490
            I have ordered a CD of Lucid, and may try an on-line upgrade as that worked well in moving to Karmic. However, I'm concerned about some of the comments I'm seeing about Lucid. Granted most of them seem to be from the RC version and earlier.

If it works, then I'll proceed, if there are others with concerns, I'll wait. My old laptop has absolutely NO esoteric hardware or configurations and has worked for a long time under 7.10 on up through Karmic. Even the Broadcom wifi chip is no problem with the b43 package.

I'm ready to rsync my /home to my backup drive at any time and move on. What's the vedict?
            I've run through beta-1 up through RC. I haven't tested my PCMCIA wireless card yet but here's my hardware:
            Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.70GHz, 512MiB RAM, VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 Go] (rev b2)

Had some problems but either they went away, got fixed, got patched, or not incredibly important enough for me to do anything about them yet.

+1

Comment

Well, if it works on your modern hardware , hunkirdowne, then mine will do just fine.

One more rsync and then I'll start!!
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Re: (No Longer) Concerned About Lucid

Outstanding!!

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490
                  Outstanding!!
                  Yeah, I think so.

I torrented (seeded) the iso for about 30 hours or so on three different systems until my wife complained about the bandwidth. She has a little gauge and couldn't understand why the upload speed was so high. }:-D <bwah-hahaha> I mumbled something about giving back and she sorta went for that. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by hunkirdowne
                    ... giving back ...
                    8)

One does what they can!
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                    X