This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing on an iMac?

Hello everyone! Been a long while since I was here again. Been using Kubuntu as my primary OS on my laptops, enjoying it quite a bit!

Anyway, some months ago I changed to the Graphic Design program at my school, and ended up buying an iMac for photoshop and whatnot. Really enjoying it, and I'd like to get a Kubuntu install running on it.

Currently, it has a dualboot going between OSX and Windows 7. I'm sure a Wubi based install would work fine, but I've had a lot of performance issues with those in the past, so I'd much prefer to just use a straight ext4 partition on the drive. It's a 1 TB drive, currently doing a 50/50 split between OSX and Windows 7. Windows 7 of course has the ability to shrink it's partition (I haven't tried it yet but have no reason to think it won't be able to toss a few GB Kubuntu's way).

To the problem at hand, I'm wondering, well, how to install it with minimal problems. Idealy, I'd like to just have the drive pop up in the hold option boot menu that Windows and OSX currently share. The thing is I don't know how to fix the Apple stock bootloader, and really have no interest in being forced to learn, lol.

Any advice?

Re: Installing on an iMac?

Should be helpful: MactelSupportTeamAppleIntelInstallation
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X