This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Lucid from upgrade, want to make it out of the box

I have 10.04 now from a 9.04 upgrade. However, I found that there are issues from upgrading that dont come with an out of the box install. Is there a way (without blank cd's, flash drives, etc) to uninstall all that I have on my pc now and install only the out of the box programs?

Re: Running Lucid from upgrade, want to make it out of the box

IMO, you would be far ahead in time and with less aggravation if you downloaded the appropriate 32 or 64 bit iso from here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/lu...-live/current/

It is current as of August 16th, so you'd bypass four months of updates by making a LiveCD from the iSo and installing it OVER your existing upgrade. Twenty-thirty minutes, max.

Then, if you wanted, you could update to KDE 4.5.1, which I also recommend doing:

Open a Konsole and issue:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Depending on your Internet connection speed the two hundred or so files should update within an half an hour or so. You will be asked if you want to keep the kdmrc, with a default of "N". I go with the default to get the new rc file. Then log out and log back in.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Running Lucid from upgrade, want to make it out of the box

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      You will be asked if you want to keep the kdmrc, with a default of "N". I go with the default to get the new rc file. Then log out and log back in.
      Unless you have customized your KDM login, in which case, opt to keep your customized version.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X