X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install fails on creating partitions

Hi

I have had both problems mentioned in this forum with the installer not seeing the four disks in my PC or seeing them and then not being able to create the partitions. This happens even if I use Gparted to create the partitions befor the installation.

Just thought someone ought to know, so maybe this could be looked into.

If anyone has any ideas on how to reolve this I would be interested as I am still trying to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Re: Install fails on creating partitions

Change the SATA mode in BIOS to "legacy IDE". After installation, you change it back to AHCI and it should boot and run correctly.

Comment

Nope fraid not tried that hours ago, but I have disconnected three of the four disks and the install is progressing right now 93 %, as a windows fan not that impressed with Linux as yet but I hope to be.

Cheers

Comment

In BIOS, is there a RAID setting? If so, it needs to be disabled (turned off). Consumer-grade motherboard RAID chips such as are commonly used for home Windows setups do not have Linux drivers.

In general, Linux gets its information about your hardware from BIOS, and/or the PCI and USB controllers.

Comment

HI Thanks for the help, but as I said I covered that step some time ago changing the sata config in the bios to IDE which is where it is now, but the installer would not, could not install with the four disks attached so I left only one attached and hey presto.

Well after the nightmare of getting it to install, it starts up unbelievably quickly so maybe moving ti Linux is not such a bad idea, but hey we will see what happens.

Cheers and once again thanks for replying

Comment

Have fun with it! Don't look for too much comparability with MS Windows functionality -- a lot of stuff is very different, and methods that work in Windows may not work in Linux (and vice versa).

Comment

Hi
              I had the same issue and solved it disconnecting the other disks too.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X