This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual boot help please

I'm trying to install Kubuntu 10.04 LTS to dual boot with my Window XP. Unfortunately, it stated out that I've to change my BIOS setting. How should change the setting?

Re: Dual boot help please

1) Access the BIOS
    2) Change the Boot Order, so that it boots from the CD-Rom first and not the Hard Drive.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Can you please explain to me step by step? I've never change any BIOS setting before and I'm afraid that I might mess up with the computer system. At this moment I'm using Window XP that dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I use it with the KDE Desktop. I'm very pleased with its friendly-user system and falling in love with it. I'm planning to be an expert in Kubuntu and Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by shinegami
        At this moment I'm using Window XP that dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
        I'm sorry, but that statement doesn't make sense with your original one:
        I'm trying to install Kubuntu 10.04 LTS to dual boot with my Window XP
        Did you install Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 'inside of' Windows XP using Wubi? Do you now, want to setup your PC with a true dual-boot configuration - Windows XP and Kubuntu (or Ubuntu) 10.04 LTS in it's own partition (as a separate, not inside of Windows, Operating System)?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes sir, I install Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 'inside of' Windows XP using Wubi. Now I'm using it with KDE desktop. If you can guide me to setup my PC with a true dual-boot configuration - Windows XP and Kubuntu (or Ubuntu) 10.04 LTS in it's own partition, it is the best. Would it be any effect to Windows XP? I tried to install Kubuntu 10.04 by using WUBI but it ask me to change the BIOS setting which is unknown to me since my knowledge in computer is very limited.

Comment

See How to dual boot Windows XP and Linux (XP installed first) -- the step-by-step guide with screenshots.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you for your guidance. You're the best

Comment

Working...
              X