X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amd athlon 7750 temperature

Hi
    ok heres the story !!!

i installed ubuntu 10.04lts then i installed kde destop , i did have a problem with the working temo of my processor at first with ubuntu ,but after a re-install it became acceptable.

but with the kde destop on the temp it rises alarming to 50 / 55 celsius vey quicky ( ok the max temp is 73 for my processor ) just performing normal pc tasks.

For windows 7 i use phenom msr tweaker to lower the voltage thus lowering temp
    anyone got any suggestions, whilst i`m not an expert i`m not a total noobie

Cheers Eagle33

Hi eagle33,
    If your temperature is high with KDE, and was also high with Ubuntu and Windows 7, it might be well worth while separating the CPU and heatsink, giving the surfaces a clean, and re-pasting with something like Artic Silver.
    A good thermal paste can often make a helluva difference.

Comment

I`ve had the motherboard 2.5 yrs now, i did that after 4 months with artic silver. Should i do it again ?

Comment

I would say so. It's always worth having a go at the simple things first.
        I'm running an Intel i5 2500k with an Artic 13 cooler. When I put it together at first it ran a bit warm, so cleaned the joint and repasted it again.
        Now on idle it sits around 28C and doesnt go much above 50C with all four cores maxxed.
        Yours is an AMD CPU so you should be able to use Cool'n'Quiet.
        Read about it here..http://www.amd.com/us/products/techn...l-n-quiet.aspx

Comment

Thanks for the advice
          cheer eagle33

Comment

Working...
          X