This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWalletManager - KNetworkManager

Just a comment. Lost connection to the Internet for the 3rd time using Lucid on two main 64bit machines. The first time is appeared that I had lost the Ethernet input to the boards. No such hardware failure, however. Removed the buggy KWalletManager that was supervising the KNetworkManager and then removed/disabled the KNetworkManager.

Manually rebuilt the /etc/network/interfaces data and did the same with the /etc/resolv.conf file. Machine(s) came back up on reboot and connected to the Internet just fine. Anybody experiencing strange networking problems and failures to connect to the Internet should probably look at these two applications first. Kubuntu is a great program minus the networking crap and past problems with grub2. Maybe the people that did the programming in these two areas should look for work with Microsoft?

Re: KWalletManager - KNetworkManager

Maybe try Wicd? I've never had problems with NetworkManager so I haven't used Wicd myself, however others here on the forum frequently replace NetworkManager with Wicd and report good results.

Comment

Working...
    X