This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Openoffice does not work

Hi guys, not a problem, just thought I was saving you some work although the sudo thing, I must confess, does worry me somewhat, and if that was happening to me I would probably be contemplating reinstalling to.

Good luck - hope you get back up and running quickly

Ian

Comment

Hi all

Have done a full re-install of 10.04 and so far everything is fine. I did a complete re-partition and format of the drive so everything is new.
      Just got to transfer the old Kmail files into the right folders and I should be back to where It was before it went pear shaped!.

Just need to find out how to get this system to play audio (any type)
      It works fine on Windows XP but total silence from Kubuntu with CDs, wave, flac, ogg, mp3 and any others although the players Rythmnbox and Amarok both show files being played.
      Alsa shows the hardware OK.

Keith
      AMD Athlon II Quad core 2.6GHz, 2GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB graphics, 1x370GB sata HDD, 1x700GB sata HDD, 1xDVDRW, 1xDVDROM

Comment

I'd recommend starting a new thread for the audio issue. Also, are you sure your PCM slider is all the way up? Have you tried all available sliders in KMix?
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Hi again

Is the PCM slider the one which shows up on the mixer? If so it is at max.
          But I will start again with the audio problem.

Open office is now fine and Kmail is fixed (all mails imported) by the way.

Keith

AMD Athlon II Quad core 2.6GHz, 2GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB graphics, 1x370GB sata HDD, 1x700GB sata HDD, 1xDVDRW, 1xDVDROM

Comment

Re: Openoffice does not work (Solved)

I'm glad everything works fine after the clean install. If it hadn't, I would've been shocked.

In KMix, you can configure which channels are shown. If I were you, I would tell KMix to show all of the sliders and turn them all up. If you do not have sound after that, please start a new thread with specifics regarding your audio issue such as hardware specs, etc.
            Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
            Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
            Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
            X