This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No keyboard or mouse after GRUB and on login

Last night I accepted the latest updates and security fixes. The download/install failed, and it has caused a major problem.

Now, there is a Ubuntu splash screen after the GRUB screen and then the mouse and keyboard will not work from that point forward.

In searching the boards here, I tried the Alt + SysRq R-S-E-I-U-B, but unfortunately, I think the boot has gotten to the mouse/keyboard freeze. I have also tried the Alt+F2, but the terminal will not come up, no matter how fast I do it after initial bootup.

I know all these things work as all work perfect using the LiveCD, which I used to install 10.10 on a new partition.

What can I do if I wish to go back to that install?

thanks in advance...

Re: No keyboard or mouse after GRUB and on login

Has this been solved? I'm having the same issue on a dual-boot Win7/Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit Compaq laptop.

Keyboard works in Grub, and works in Windows, but when I boot to Kubuntu the login screen loads but I can't type anything or use the mouse.

I'm locked out of Kubuntu!

Comment

Re: No keyboard or mouse after GRUB and on login

I see 2 posts regarding this issue, both are months old and no one seems to care to respond... Time to remove kubuntu it looks like.

Comment

Working...
      X