Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] wicd installed in parallel to KDE network manager and cannot remove ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] wicd installed in parallel to KDE network manager and cannot remove ...

Hello,

I wanted to install wicd. In previous versions by installing wicd it removed any other network managers automatically. Now it did not. So finally I've got both. Then I decided that since KDE network manager works well (in comparisod to previous kubuntu versions), i've tried to remove wicd

by

sudo apt-get remove wicd.

i tells it removes it, but then after reboot it is again here - wicd and KDE network manager

After quiting wicd and doing
    sudo apt-get remove wicd.
    i get the message that wicd is removed. But is definetely not.

Any suggestions? thank you in advance

Re: wicd installed in parallel to KDE network manager and cannot remove anymore

don't forget wicd-kde and wicd-daemon, if installed.

Comment

Thanx for the reply. However, before i read it, after a reboot next day KDE network manager did not appear while wicd is there. So having only one is not a problem.

how could i check if the KDE Network manager is still not somewhere hidden and not influencing the work and to remove it safely?

Comment

Actually simply removed network manager by

sudo apt-get remove network-manager

System asked to reboot and finaly kde network manager does not appear anywhere

Comment

Working...
        X