X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Network Connections - Disabled Tabs

Hi,

I have just done a clean install of 10.04.2 on my Acer Aspire One netbook. It seems to boot and everything else seems to work fine, except network connections. The VPN tab is enabled but the other four tabs (Wired, Wireless, Mobile Broadband and DSL) are all disabled. I'm guessing that some drivers are missing, but with a lack of internet connection, I'm struggling to get these installed.

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/ should be the one I need, but this requires an internet connection during installation to download another package.

I'm pretty sure http://madwifi-project.org/ would also fix the issue, but when I try to use 'make', I get an error.

Code:
    Makefile.inc:81: *** Cannot detect kernel version - please check compiler and KERNELPATH. Stop.
    In my /usr/src/ folder, there are two folders.
    linux-headers-2.6.32-28
    linux-headers-2.6.32-28-generic

I've searched around and any fixes for this seem to need to require the internet. If there is a way of downloading which ever packages I will need on a windows system and transferring them over, this would be fine.

I'm very new to Linux and therefore have little idea of any fixes.

Help would be greatly appreciated,
    nyor

Edit: I updated the kernel, as the one which 10.04 installs with does not contain the correct drivers.

Re: [SOLVED] Network Connections - Disabled Tabs

Did you try Kgear --> System --> Hardware drivers ?

Open a Konsole and issue:
    lspci
    and past the results in your next post.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X