X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless help please

Hi,
    I am having a lot of trouble connecting to my router and Internet over wireless. Its a new router ( don't know brand just came from ISP ) and i tested it on windows - i was online for 9+ hrs with Internet radio and downloaded ~10gb so im pretty sure its not a hardware or router issue.
    When i start up in Kubuntu, i gave knetworkmanger the details and it connected no problem. Then did a restart, knetworkmanager is asking again for passwords ( i dont have kwallet running ), i give it the correct pass still doesn't connect. Since then i cannot even get Knetworkmanager to detect the network. I tried wicd but it keeps telling me "bad password" i was using the correct password ( it was running same time as knetworkmanager dont know if thats bad or not ). Have don't multiple restarts still noting - wired connection works fine. Really want to pull my hair out!!
    Can anyone help, how do i stop knetworkmanager?

Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: wireless help please

So you have wicd and Knetworkmanager installed? That is a known problem. If you have wicd, and that's what you want to use, then you must remove all associated knetworkmanager packages. Greygeek has made many posts on that very issue. Search KFN on wicd and knetworkmanager posted by Greygeek.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: wireless help please

I agree. Dump Network Manager entirely and make sure Wicd is installed.

If you don't have wireless working reliably, plug in the laptop temporarily to a wired ethernet connection while doing the steps:

sudo apt-get remove network-manager-kde
      sudo reboot
      sudo apt-get autoremove

sudo apt-get install wicd

Then everything worked for me.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
      X