This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting an X-Box 360

I'm trying to connect my xbox to the internet through my Wi-Fi connected laptop, I just have no idea of how to go about doing that as the default settings tell my xbox that it is not even connected to a network.

For anyone trying to help that doesn't know much about xbox the windows equivalent of what I need to do would be bridging my wireless internet connection to my ethernet connection thus sharing internet.

I think the problem is kubuntu doesn't register the xbox as a valid 'network' connection as it contributes absolutely nothing to the network. I just have no idea about how to go about telling it to share its internet with something that it doesn't even think is there.

Re: Connecting an X-Box 360

Quite old (2005) but...

How-To set up internet connection sharing and how to network your xbox
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Now under go under System->Administration->Networking and enter your password then click on your ethernet connection
      (Eth0,Eth1,you get the idea) then click properties.
      <Quote from How-to in link>

Im not finding anything called networking on kubuntu what would the kubuntu equivalent be?

Comment

I believe you just need to click (in the System Tray) your network connection manager icon and then click on the Configure button for your active connection.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

if your talking about KNetworkManager I click on it but nothing happens... If not then please re-explain I'm still REALLY new to kubuntu...or anything other than windows for that matter...

Comment

Working...
          X