This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] KNetwork Manager alternative?

Is there any alternative to KNetworkManager that supports Mobile Broadband?
    I am trying to run airmon-ng but have been unsuccessful in shutting KNetworkManager down.
    So I would like to remove and replace with software that allows me to turn networking on/off all together.
    wcid is nice enough for wifi, but doesn't work with mobile broadband device.

I achieved the results I was looking for by installing network-manager-gnome within KPackageKit.
    Open terminal: killall knetworkmanager
    Close terminal
    Run (alt+f2) nm-applet
    restarted computer, on reload kde notified me that network manager was running, did I want to start KNetwork Manager? No, never again.

Problem Solved.
    HP Pavilion dv6000 | AMD Turion 64 x2 2Ghz | HDD Toshiba 250 GiB<br />Wireless- Antheros AR5001<br />Dual Boot: Kubuntu 10.4 | Kubuntu 8.10 (bt4)

Re: KNetwork Manager alternative?

I don't have a mobile broadband setup, but there have been some discussions on these boards.

There's one here :http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3108366.0

You might search above using the name your hardware or just search using "mobile broadband".

Also, it's a known fact that wicd and Knetworkmanager don't place nice; the same maybe true for other combinations of network management tools.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
    X