Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No System Wide Setting for Authenticating Proxy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No System Wide Setting for Authenticating Proxy?

Hello,

I just installed Kubuntu 10.04 in a Parallels virtual machine. This is my work computer and we are behind an internet proxy that requires authentication.

In Kubuntu 10.04 I can go to the network settings and specify the proxy URL and port number, but when it won't let me enter authentication information. Because of this, when I go to KPackageIt and search for new packages to install, it doesn't find anything, presumably because it can't get out to the internet to do the search.

I think this is a case of functionality that simply hasn't been finished yet, as I've seen this on a few previous Kubuntu releases. I'm puzzled as to why somebody hasn't previously fixed this; apparently nobody behind a proxy uses Kubuntu?

Ubuntu 10.04 has this feature. I was able to set the proxy URL and port along with the authentication information.

Will this ever be implemented in Kubuntu, or will I always have to use Ubuntu at work?

Thank you!!!

-Ryan

Re: No System Wide Setting for Authenticating Proxy?

Anybody know anything about this? Or how I can get Kubuntu past an authenticating network proxy?

Comment

Working...
    X