This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Wicd not recognizing my password

I am having similar problems on a Dell Inspiron 1521. I am running wicd. It sees my network but when I try to connect it always comes back with an error saying "bad password." This was running fine under 9.10 and I have verified the password and it is correct.

Re: Wicd not recognizing my password

I found this other topic [SOLVED]WICD does not work about this problem. KNetworkManager was not installed but I used adept to remove three items pertaining to networkmanager and now my Wicd is working corectly.

Comment

Re: [Solved] Wicd not recognizing my password

For the benefit of anyone still having similar "bad password" problems with wicd:

I have just completed a fresh install of kubuntu 10.10 on a Dell Inspiron 1750 with a Broadcom wireless card. I expected problems having had experience before with Broadcom devices.

However, the wireless worked immediately after the restart & removal of the installation CD.

I prefer wicd over knetwork manager, so installed that, but after hibernate / restart I could see the wireless connection but got the "bad password" problem.

The problem was that network-manager was still installed, and apparently conflicting. Removing it and rebooting has solved the problem. Suspend to RAM works fine, & wireless comes up immediately.

Comment

Working...
      X