This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.0) support?

I plan on running kubuntu as my first linux experience and although i won't be running it on the GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.0) board first, i really want to soon.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3894#sp says "Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website."

Silly thing to worry about but, will the sli / crossfire be supported in any linux drivers for this board? what features will or won't I have and when can I expect a linux version of drivers to be available? will the zambezi chips come out before am3+ boards get drivers?

I checked linuxquestions.org/hcl/ but didn't see anything on this line of boards or the new 990FX / SB950's in linux.

(On a side note: I installed Kubuntu on a friends laptop and we were all pretty amazed. Like kids staring at their first christmas tree. I can't wait to put it on this system and even better, the board listed above. It feels nice to make the leap into something new. thx!)

Re: GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.0) support?

I looked through the specs - nothing jumps out as a problem, although you would be wise to boot a Live CD on it and check networking, as I don't recognize that Realtek ethernet controller. We recently had this audio issue on a different model Gigabyte motherboard:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3117910.0

I also don't know about that Etron USB 3 controller, but I assume it adheres to the USB standards, and thus should be fine. My Asus motherboard uses a NEC uPD720200, which fine for USB 2 as well, and I don't have any USB 3 devices anyway.

Comment

Re: GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.0) support?

Hi, just wanted to comment back I completed my build with the above mentioned GA-990FXA-UD3 mainboard and everything, including audio and usb3 (the ports at least) are working fine. I'm using the x86_64 version.

Still trying to go through the ropes but I'm coming along ok. Thank you for your reply!

Comment

Working...
      X