Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] M-audio 24/96, no sound in flash player, any alsa gurus?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] M-audio 24/96, no sound in flash player, any alsa gurus?

I having some troubles with my soundcards. I have a Audigy ES PCI soundcard and I just recently bought an M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 soundcard and at the moment I have both of them installed. I'm dual booting w/ Windows xp and I need the Audigy in Windows for gaming and because of the mic input that the M-Audio doesn't have.

First when I installed the M-Audio only Amarok (and probably other 'Phonon' apps) worked but I had no sound in mplayer, xine etc. With some googling I found a way to make the M-Audio card the primary card for Alsa and now mplayer & xine work fine too. M-audio 24/96 uses the module ice1712.

Today I noticed I don't have sound in flash player (I use opera, but tried firefox too), and the (alsa?) command aplay won't play any .wavs.

Aplay -l :
    Code:
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: M2496 [M Audio Audiophile 24/96], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712 multi]
     Subdevices: 1/1
     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: Audigy [SB Audigy 1 ES [SB0160]], device 0: emu10k1 [ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback]
     Subdevices: 32/32
     Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
     Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
     Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
     Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
     Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
     Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
     Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
     Subdevice #8: subdevice #8
     Subdevice #9: subdevice #9
     Subdevice #10: subdevice #10
     Subdevice #11: subdevice #11
     Subdevice #12: subdevice #12
     Subdevice #13: subdevice #13
     Subdevice #14: subdevice #14
     Subdevice #15: subdevice #15
     Subdevice #16: subdevice #16
     Subdevice #17: subdevice #17
     Subdevice #18: subdevice #18
     Subdevice #19: subdevice #19
     Subdevice #20: subdevice #20
     Subdevice #21: subdevice #21
     Subdevice #22: subdevice #22
     Subdevice #23: subdevice #23
     Subdevice #24: subdevice #24
     Subdevice #25: subdevice #25
     Subdevice #26: subdevice #26
     Subdevice #27: subdevice #27
     Subdevice #28: subdevice #28
     Subdevice #29: subdevice #29
     Subdevice #30: subdevice #30
     Subdevice #31: subdevice #31
    card 1: Audigy [SB Audigy 1 ES [SB0160]], device 2: emu10k1 efx [Multichannel Capture/PT Playback]
     Subdevices: 8/8                                                                                 
     Subdevice #1: subdevice #1                                                                            
     Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
     Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
     Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
     Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
     Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
     Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
    card 1: Audigy [SB Audigy 1 ES [SB0160]], device 3: emu10k1 [Multichannel Playback]
     Subdevices: 1/1

Googling around I found a command to use with aplay:
    aplay -D plughw:0,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

The .wav plays just like it should.. only I don't know what's the difference between 'hw' and 'plughw'. Aplay doesn't play any sounds without specifying the 'plughw' thing.

Like I said pretty much other things work but I don't have sound in flash player. I posted the aplay stuff because I think it might have something to do with it.

Any ideas, please post.

Thanks

Edit: I also reinstalled flashplayer plugin.

One other thing: Wine doesn't seem to like the M-audio card so if there's a way to make Wine use the Audigy that would be great. Or if Wine can be configured to use the M-audio card. I use Spotify free through Wine.

Edit 2: It seems that mplayer only works when OSS is selected, same with Avidemux. Xine, VLC and Audacity work ok with ALSA default settings. Still no sound in flash.

Re: M-audio 24/96, no sound in flash player, any alsa gurus?

Solution: Remove ALSA, install OSS4, everything works, no extra configuring needed.

Comment

Today I noticed I don't have sound in flash player (I use opera, but tried firefox too), and the (alsa?) command aplay won't play any .wavs.
      that tells me you prolly had to raise the pcm volume (its commonly muted or set very low) there are about 100 posts about flash(or non kde apps) without sound due to that issue, just to make you aware of this in the future . also now that you have solved this please mark it [SOLVED] by editing the subject of your first post. so others with similar issues may benifit from your solution.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
        that tells me you prolly had to raise the pcm volume (its commonly muted or set very low) there are about 100 posts about flash(or non kde apps) without sound due to that issue, just to make you aware of this in the future . also now that you have solved this please mark it [SOLVED] by editing the subject of your first post. so others with similar issues may benifit from your solution.
        Yeah I did a lot of googling around the topic and checked the mixer about a million times. Actually with this soundcard there is no "pcm" control, they are titled DAC1 L/R, DAC2 etc. It is probably possible to get it to work with ALSA but I did not find a solution. But I'm actually liking this OSS4 very much and it was easy to install

Comment

Working...
        X