Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] How can i freeze the external monitor settings?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How can i freeze the external monitor settings?

Hello dear Kubuntu-Forum-Members

I have connected an external monitor to my Netbook emachines N270. The monitor is a Philips 241 model. The external monitor is recognized by the Netbook as VGA1 and the internal as LVDS1. I'm able to configure the settings for the external monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 correctly. Now with any restart of the Netbook after a shutdown the settings of the monitors VGA1 & LVDS1 are reset to a resolution of 800x600. The external monitor i have to reconfigure by a right click on the symbol 'Screen-Settings' and change the resolution properties back to 1920x1080 again.

My question. Is there any possibility to freeze the external monitor settings for a next startup?

Thanks for your efforts.

Greetins from wuf

Re: How can i freeze the external monitor settings?

Try running this from a console:
    Code:
    kdesudo kcmshell4 xinerama
    This launches the utility as root. Make your changes and save. Then exit the console and shutdown/reboot to see if the changes were actually written/saved.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: How can i freeze the external monitor settings?

Hi Snowhog

Thanks for your answer. I tried your tip out but it did not change the problem. On the shell i get the following message:

wuf@wuf-laptop:~$ kdesudo kcmshell4 xinerama
      QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
      QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/wuf/.config/ibus/bus
      Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
      IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
      kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_klauncher.so
      Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
      kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kded4.so
      kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kbuildsycoca4.so
      kbuildsycoca4 running...
      kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so
      Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
      wuf@wuf-laptop:~$
      On the appearing dialog a message said. This module is only applicable if you want to spread one Desktop over two monitors, which seems here not to be the case. That dialog had only two enabled buttons 'OK' and 'Cancel'. I pressed 'OK'. Then did restart the system again. After the start up both monitors had again the resolution of 800x600.

Greetings wuf

Comment

Re:[SOLVED] How can i freeze the external monitor settings?

..... Have found the solution in our Forum:
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...9641#msg239641

Edit (as root) /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup and add following command line:

xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1920x1080
        OK mates! Tks for your support!

Greetings wuf

Comment

Working...
        X