This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio low/weak on aspire 5517

ok since i just moved over to kubuntu from ubuntu after a secure wipe(fill hdd with 0s). my audio has been low even when i unmute and max out all channels

Re: audio low/weak on aspire 5517

In a konsole open alsamixer.

Put the left margin on the left side of the screen and drag the right margin to the right side of the screen.

Hit the F5 button to show as many controls as possible. Use the left & right arrows to move left or right and the up arrow to raise the slider and the down arrow to lower it. IF a box at the bottom has "mm" then hit the space bar to unmute it and give "00", then run the slider IF there is a vertical box above the "00" box. When right arrow to the right side keep hitting the right arrow to see of more sliders appear. Raise the volume on them too. Make sure "Master", "PCM" and "Digital" (if they are present) are maxed. Also make sure the mic and mic booster are about 50%, and that "Capture" is between 50-80%. The rest are up to you. Hit ESC to leave the program. Close the konsole.

Use the Kmixer volume control to control the actual volume.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

i see, thank you so much (i feel kinda of dumb for not checking if fullsceen helped

Comment

Don't feel dumb... I've made the exact same mistake. That's how I know what is wrong when I do it again ... which I have.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X