This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet drops out, must press "Activate"

It seems like my wireless internet just drops out for no apparent reason every so often. It is easy to fix, all I have to do is click on the network manager icon and then click on the button that says "Active", and it reactivates the internet connection, and everything works great for another 5-15 minutes, and then it does it again...

Is the K network manager just turning off the internet when it is idle? And if so, can I disable this?

Running Kubuntu 10.04 LTS 32bit on an EeePC netbook (model: 1005HAB).&nbsp; <br /><br />Found the following image online and thought it was funny:<br />

Re: Internet drops out, must press &quot;Activate&quot;

Wired or Wireless connection (or both)? ADSL > Router? Router make/model? In other words, some details please?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't know what the router make/model is because it is my school's wireless network.
      Running Kubuntu 10.04 LTS 32bit on an EeePC netbook (model: 1005HAB).&nbsp; <br /><br />Found the following image online and thought it was funny:<br />

Comment

Originally posted by Narvey
        I don't know what the router make/model is because it is my school's wireless network.
        It's probably not a problem with your school's wireless network. It is your eeePC.

But, there are many makes and models calling themselves an eeePC. So, what is the exact make and model of your eeePC.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X