This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspend, hybernate is not working

Anyone else have the same problem? Suspend and hybernate is not working. I see and this post to ubuntu forum

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...suspend&page=2

i notice that all of them that have problems with suspend use and nvidia binary drivers.

Re: Suspend, hybernate is not working

Suspension to RAM works for me; it didn't with an earlier Lucid alpha/alphas/(whatever-it-was). As always, I have to have "noapic" and "acpi_sleep=s3_mode,s3_bios" in my kernel options (not sure anymore if "noapic" is really necessary for this purpose).

Hibernation (suspension to disk) works partially; it resumes from disk on the next boot but X has crashed/restarted so I'm back to the login except on the text consoles, which're where I left them.

Nvidia drivers installed via "nvidia-current" package.

Comment

Can you give your grub entry? I like to change add "noapic" and "acpi_sleep=s3_mode,s3_bios" to see if it works

Comment

In /etc/default/grub:

Code:
        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet noapic acpi_sleep=s3_mode,s3_bios resume=/dev/sda4"
        Most people will probably have splash in there, too... and may, of course, use another resume partition (/dev/sda4 being my swap partition). Don't forget the sudo update-grub after editing.

Comment

Working...
        X