This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major problem, won't boot!

Ok, the RC WILL boot...but when it gets as far as the KDE splash screen...it freezes on 'unfuzzing' the K icon and just makes my laptop's fans go mad;

I've got no idea how to fix this, my laptop is an ASUS X50GL. I've tried the RC in LiveUSB mode on this laptop (where it froze), my netbook and my friends laptop (where it works flawlessly)

I really, REALLY hope I'm not going to have to replace my main machine, simply because Kubuntu does not like it!

No, I have no idea what to do, ANY HELP (even if it's just someone's shoulder to cry on) would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Major problem, won't boot!

I had the same problem. I had to completely uninstall the nvidia-current drivers and reinstall/dpkg-reconfigure the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (even though this laptop uses an Intel video chipset), then it booted fine.
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Re: Major problem, won't boot!

I don't understand...what exactly is it doing? Is the Novua driver causing problems?

And how on earth do I do that? An idiot's step by step guide would be nice :P

Comment

Working...
      X