Okay, typo:
    /etc/profile
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: Dear Akonadi!

Says Mark Greenwood on the kubuntu-users list:

This bug has been around for ages. It's raised upstream...

A workaround is to add an Autostart item (using System Settings) of /usr/bin/akonadictl start.
      Maybe that helps somebody.

Comment

Fintan -

I'm giving your 'tip' a shot. I had already marked KOrganizer Reminder Daemon to run at login, and for a few reboots, launching Kontact, which starts Akonadi, went fine - the resource agents were 'found', so no Akonadi Server Self Test errors. But this afternoon, when I got home and booted my system and launched Kontact, Akonadi couldn't find the resource agents, so erred.

Rebooted and launched Kontact right away. No Akonadi Server Self Test error. If on every reboot it continues this way, I'll say that my issues with Akonadi are solved.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well, booted this morning, and when the Desktop was loaded launched Kontact. Akonadi Server Self Test 14 failed (Resource Agents). Shut down Kontact and relaunch it fixes that. So, this 'tip' isn't the cure-all for my Akonadi issue.

Comment

Decided to try something. Now, after the Desktop has loaded, I click on Akonaditray (in the System Tray) and click Start Akonadi. When the status bar closes, I launch Kontact. So far, no more Test 14 error, and my Contacts are immediately available.

Comment

Originally posted by abalone
              Says Mark Greenwood on the kubuntu-users list:

This bug has been around for ages. It's raised upstream...

A workaround is to add an Autostart item (using System Settings) of /usr/bin/akonadictl start.
              Maybe that helps somebody.
              This does work for a lot of people.

Comment

Thank you claydoh. Can that be input directly into Autostart, or does one have to include that line in an executable script? Autostart allows for Programs or scripts.

Comment

programs, just enter the whole string t\in the command section

Comment

Didn't help me

Still have to close Kontact and relaunch to get access to address book.

Kontact doesn't always restart, have to kill application and then restart it.

9/10 times clicking on "summary" in the side pane locks up Kontact as well.

Can't believe this is going to be released as finished in two days!

I see KDE 4.4.3 is out in the first week of May, perhaps that will help.

Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

Someone on the Kubuntu-users list has said to try this

create file

start_akonadi.sh:

#!/bin/sh
                      /usr/bin/akonadictl start

and put in in "~/.kde/env"

Works for me

Dave
                      Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

For me, so far, using Claydohs' suggestion works.

Comment

Day three since implementing this 'solution' and I've rebooted many times. As soon as the Desktop is loaded I launch Kontact. I've had no Akonadi Server Self Test #14 errors - none.

Comment

Working...
                          X