This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resizing Plasmoids

Having trouble resizing my desktop plasmoids.

When I get then where I want them and make them as big or as small as I want, then log out and back in, they always reset to the original size and locations they were prior to moving/resizing them.

Its not specific to a plasmoind either. It happens to the clock, Desktop Folder, CWP, or any other one. Its like it doesn't remember window geometry or locations or something.

Any idea what is causing this?

This is a fresh install of Beta 2 and a fully updated system,

thanks!

Joe

Re: Resizing Plasmoids

Sanity check: How're the permissions of .kde/share/config/plasma* ?

Comment

Originally posted by abalone
      Sanity check: How're the permissions of .kde/share/config/plasma* ?
      Code:
      -rw------- 1 <my username> <my username>   85 2010-04-17 11:05 plasma-appletsrc
      -rw------- 1 <my username> <my username>  7315 2010-04-18 11:29 plasma-desktop-appletsrc
      -rw-r--r-- 1 <my username> <my username>  506 2010-04-18 11:25 plasma-desktoprc
      -rw------- 1 <my username> <my username>  144 2010-04-18 11:26 plasmarc
      -rw------- 1 <my username> <my username>   85 2010-04-17 11:05 plasmoidviewer-appletsrc
      Thanks!

Joe

Comment

Some additional information...

Upon logging off and restarting system, it always has some kind of crash when logging back on. Nepomuk, Plansma, serious kernel issues, etc...

I keep uploading these crashes to the bug tacker too.

Also, not only does the system forget plasma app settings, but also forgets background images, font changes, and other settings as well.

Beta 1 did not have any of these issues.

Thanks!

Joe

Comment

I have those login crashes, too... sometimes also when resuming from suspension to RAM. Usually I can't report them because Apport hangs or there's some issue with the report (lately it's "Permission denied" - permission for what?). My settings are remembered though. I don't know why yours aren't, sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X