X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nvidia proprietary driver performance

Originally posted by azenz

I run an Intel Quad Core overclocked to 3 Ghz.

Your graphics performance is 100x higher on a screen with a resolution that's just 20% lower! That is staggering... I know the 8400 is not very fast, but I have this feeling that it should be faster...
    Yeah, OK, I agree -- there's something fishy there. With those xorg warnings, I'm a little suspicious that your monitor might have some role in the dysfunction. Do you have any ability to hook up a different monitor, just for experimentation purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
      I think you should be way faster than that. Have you tried booting to a livecd from another distro just to see?
      Hm, no, I haven't, but how useful would that be since I couldn't install the proprietary Nvidia drivers and performance therefore probably wouldn't be great?

Comment

Ok, even though glxgears still is low (750 fps at full res with desktop effects w/ overclock), the window scrolling especially under Firefox with Openoffice and other stuff running alongside is fixed. I believe what probably did it is pushing up the pixmapcache size considerably, I put it at 1400000. I also ran nvidia-settings -a InitialPixmapPlacement=2 -a GlyphCache=1. So, that's a definite improvement for regular work.

Comment

Working...
        X