X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Click Freeze

Greetings,

I am having issues with Kubuntu freezing for a period of time after I right click a file in Dolphin.

I had this problem before but disabling "Show Tooltips" seemed to fix the problem. But now it's back. Sometimes I have to Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to make my computer usable again. I haven't had much luck Googling, except for one article that I don't understand:

http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=9527

Can someone explain how he fixed his problem or if there is another solution?: tetris4 "It was a bad right-click menu service fault. Disabled it in !KDE #dophin config win, and now everything is fine"
    Last edited by MinteeBoon2; Mar 03, 2013, 10:52 PM.

LOL, like usual I find a solution to my own problem. Well, I hope so anyway. I'll have to watch to make sure the problem doesn't return, but it just worked fine for the first time in a little while. Here is a bug report that I didn't find in my Google search yesterday:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314575

Here is the solution: In order to workaround this issue open dolphin settings, go to "Services" and disable "File to activity linking plugin".

I'll mark as solved for now...

Comment

Thanks, you helped me solve the same problem. And I did Google before, but only after I visited this forum and did search on it that I found this thread.

Comment

Yes
        That was my bug report. It seemed more of an issue with Nouveau than with the nvidia driver. But no one else reported that
        kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbasher View Post
          Yes
          That was my bug report. It seemed more of an issue with Nouveau than with the nvidia driver. But no one else reported that
          We appreciate that you did.

Comment

Working...
          X