This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where have the Avatars gone?

Is there an issue with the Avatars? I've notice they aren't appearing lately (last 12 hours or so).

This might be the wrong place to post this, so if you need to move it you can.
    Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
    tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Hmm. Hadn't noticed, but have checked, and it seems as if everyone's avatars and profile pictures are no longer being displayed, except for the Administrator Usergroup members. When did you first notice this; when was the last day you saw yours?

On the remote possibility that the installation of ZB Block might be involved, I've asked the question of the developer. I'll get an answer within a day. In the mean time, please try to upload both a custom avatar and a profile picture.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I started noticing posts without avatars yesterday evening. Also, when trying to access the avatar panel I get the following error message:
      Code:
      benny_fletch, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of
      several reasons:
      Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you
      trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other
      privileged system?
      If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may
      be awaiting activation.
      EDIT: I am actually getting a similar error as above when trying to send a PM, accessing Settings -> General Settings, Edit Profile, and Edit Avatar. Also, it is the posting Avatar, I don't think I ever set one that shows in my profile page.
      Last edited by benny_fletch; Nov 18, 2012, 12:02 PM. Reason: EDIT
      tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Try again. I noticed that the permissions on Avatars were set to No on every usergroup except for the Administrator usergroup. I fixed that a few minutes ago.

Comment

just tried to edit my profile and avatar ........I don't have permission......

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Clear your browser cache completely, then close your browser and relaunch and try again. I'm trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Comment

I tried in a browser I have never visited the forum in before, still getting access denied errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Clear your browser cache completely, then close your browser and relaunch and try again. I'm trying to troubleshoot this issue.
                done ,,,,,,,,,no change !!

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Okay. I've brought out the 'big gun' and temporarily disable ZB Block and cleared the system cache. Please repeat the procedure -- clear browser cache AND cookies; close the browser and relaunch and log in and try again.

Comment

Okay. I've brought out the 'big gun' and temporarily disable ZB Block and cleared the system cache. Please repeat the procedure -- clear browser cache AND cookies; close the browser and relaunch and log in and try again.
                    done ,firefox>tools>clear resent history >click cookies&cache in the time range to clear dropdown box clicked everything ............closed and relaunched .................no change!

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

No change here either. Again, used another browser I have never visited KFN with. Normally use Opera, tried Firefox then Chrome.

Comment

Damn! You mean of course, that you are denied access to the page that would permit changing of your avatar or picture profile, yes?

I'm reactivating ZB Block as it appears that it isn't the cause of the problem. I'll continue to investigate. I'll find the cause and the solution. Sherlock Tux is on the case!

Comment

Damn! You mean of course, that you are denied access to the page that would permit changing of your avatar or picture profile, yes?
                          Correct. I also get similar errors when trying to send PMs, access profile settings and general settings (as I stated above).

Comment

Click on my username and click on Private Message. Are allowed to do this?

Comment

yes

VINNY
                              16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                              X