This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE TeaTime interview at Ubuntu Developer Summit

Earlier this week I caught up with a some folks from the KDE project and they asked if I'd join them for an in-person interview as part of their semi-regular KDE TeaTime podcast series.

Great video Steve, that was fun. The users really don't see how much work goes into this, I wish I knew how to help more.
    Rob

Comment

I would love to watch the rest of this video but I'm gonna need sub titles. The accent is very heavy to me. Not soo much yours Steve. Not trying to be insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Robtygart View Post
        Great video Steve, that was fun. The users really don't see how much work goes into this, I wish I knew how to help more.
        One way, which for most of us, is the 'only' way we can help, is just to provide funds. I have an article on the Front Page of KFN that points you to how you can contribute to KDE. It's an annual commitment, and it isn't "cheap", but it isn't outrageous either. I, and Steve, are KDE supporting members.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Enjoyed the Dialogue

Hi Steve,
          I found the dialogue very enjoyable and informative. At least you are still waving the flag for Kubuntu at the UDS. It was also good to see you in action as the forum picture gives a totally different impression. I guess that I cannot talk as I use a man in a chair and live in OZ!
          I am wondering where you got your T-Shirt. I have searched the web and can only find a pale blue T-Shirt.
          Last edited by NoWorries; Nov 01, 2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Why would I wave any other flag? I've even "modified" my name badge!

Jonathan Riddell had polo shirts for all the Kubuntu members. We've been wearing them each day.

Comment

Actually, I think, in is just my opinion, that the provided image is one of the very FEW of the mods of the Quetzal that actually FITS the symbol.

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

yo Steve ,, Keep reminding the devs you speak with that they probably will not hear "O great job, I have no problems at all" .

it's like you sead near the beginning (like my printer wont work,,,,you dont hear "hay my printer works perfect") you'll only hear problems in bug reports and IRC , I'm sure their are LOTS of people enjoying the work they do that you never hear from ,,,, because thars no problems to gripe about .....like me

in fact theirs no telling how many their are using *buntu & KDE with no problems ,,,,I would think

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks for sharing Steve. I'm looking forward on your article about your UDS week.

b.r

Jonas
                  ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                  Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                  Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                  Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                  - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                  >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                  X