This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skype killed

did an upgrade this afternoon, and it killed my Skype, it was working this morning, but now it will not install, can anyone help me to get skype working again, thanks Richard Solved
    Last edited by 1richard; Feb 21, 2012, 04:44 PM.

My ability to read minds disappeared after I turned 40. You'll have to help me out with some facts.

When you say "it will not install" exactly what method did you use to install it, from where, and what messages did it give you? And, what are our audio and webcam devices.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hey Greygeek, I fixed it by uninstalling it 3 times, and then reinstalling it, finally it came back, it is now working, thanks

Comment

Oh man, I saw the headline of this thread and thought "Microsoft killed Skype!"

Whoops.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          My ability to read minds disappeared after I turned 40. You'll have to help me out with some facts.
          Apparently replaced with a little testiness...

Seriously, thanks for verbalizing what I was thinking...lol

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunlulvr View Post
            Seriously, thanks for verbalizing what I was thinking...lol
            Yuk yuk

Comment

What I think the OP did was to inadvertently choose the uninstall everything option, which removed the config files as well. When things don't run or can't be removed or reinstalled it is usually a configuration problem or a permission problem.

.... me? Testy? Nahhhhh..... I taught for 18 years. After that nothing in an educational environment, which is what KFN is, makes me mad, insults me or what ever. Got that?

Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 22, 2012, 07:26 PM.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

OK, geezzz.. sorrrreeeee..

lol

Please Read Me

Comment

Boys, boys... be excellent to each other, mmmk?

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
                    Oh man, I saw the headline of this thread and thought "Microsoft killed Skype!"

Whoops.
                    That's next month's headline

.... me? Testy? Nahhhhh..... I taught for 18 years. After that nothing in an educational environment, which is what KFN is, makes me mad, insults me or what ever. Got that?
                    in which GG throws a virtual piece of chalk at an inattentive student
                    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
                      That's next month's headline

in which GG throws a virtual piece of chalk at an inattentive student
                      If that is not next month's headlines then they will be that the Skype libraries have been modified to run only on Win7 or Win8.

Chalk? Naaa, I found that erasers are more effective and leave the student covered in chalk dust, branding them as miscreants for all to see and take warning.

Comment

Chalk? Naaa, I found that erasers are more effective and leave the student covered in chalk dust, branding them as miscreants for all to see and take warning.
                        Eleventh grade, calculus class, first period at 8:00 AM. Buddy and I (both sitting in front row) were goofing around before class start. I shot a spitwad from a straw but unfortunately mis-aimed. Nailed the teacher right in the crotch!

Comment

Working...
                        X