This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Try Kubuntu / install kubuntu" Spash, start screen

i have a question please let me explain; i have installed kubuntu via "usb hard drive" through "universal usb installer" i want it immediately installed here (just Like My CD), so i don't want "try" or "install" splash screen when kubuntu boots. now, my question is i want kubuntu to start in the "try kubuntu" stage, and not 2ask me in the boot options to install, only to [ask to install when it opens into kubuntu os]. is there any [[kubuntu HDD files i can re right]] maybe to act as "try Kubuntu" .because of the fact that the computer has pluggs everywhere (where spinning discs can go) i would rather open up into my install on my usb/cd. Thank You for my request. i have kubuntu 11.04 "natty"

Re: "Try Kubuntu / install kubuntu" Spash, start screen

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Are you saying that you have used a LiveUSB to install Kubuntu Natty on your hard disk?
    Sole OS or Dual boot?
    You want to disable the splash screen when Kubuntu boots up but you don't want to manually edit the boot line in grub each time?

"Pluggs" everywhere

"Open into my install on my usb/cd"
    GG
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

your correct understanding me, it is a live usb (HDD Is sole OS "didnt use yumi") on a external hard drive. and ive edited file like autoplay, um is it the same type of method; to edit files on HDD to make files to say: just boot into "try Kubuntu"
      no grub experience
      kubuntu asks to install on 1st and master HDD[Fastest] -" pluggs everywere" j/k

and yes as i modify files to stop spash screen start up, to open in my installed ISO on CD Or HDD, so my kubuntu "CD Or HDD" always opens into "try Kubuntu"

Comment

You have installed Kubuntu as a "LiveUSB" on a USB HD plugged into a USB port. IF you want to run Kubuntu as an installed OS on that USB HD, then I would create a LiveCD (on your CDROM), boot from it, and then install Kubuntu from the running LiveCD into the USB HD. But, if you want to boot from it your PC BIOS must have an option to boot from a USB port, and you must keep your HD plugged into that USB port when ever you run it.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

see my real question is based off; "what if"
          what if i had my 11.04 kubuntu iso; [linux files in iso kubuntu's packed with] and i want this iso "put on" or unpacked onto [HDD/or my CD] upon booting to automatically start into "Try Kubuntu"
          so i can auto bypass every time i boot when an iso on cd, or [HDD through "Universal USB installer"] so my start up disk on any comp automatically booting into "try Kubuntu"
          so i can retrieve/orUSE the OS Before Kubuntu Askes to Install the disk. so yes that spash screen,
          [what files in my packed iso; would bypass into boot Automatically starting "Try Kubuntu"] Is there a method for this?; always learning. Thanks

Comment

Had Posted At;
            http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1413142.htm

Well i would advise you to have a look at ""this link/was ur site"" , so what i am saying is that it is not given for kubuntu. The solution is for the ubuntu and have a look at the same accordingly. I am sure you will get the necessary help from there. So hope it was of good help for you.

-quote received from that Forum

to elaborate;
            and i understand i have to change every install or complication i made from kunubtu 11.04 iso
            but starting from changing my kubuntu iso; to autoplay "try Kubuntu"
            see i like ubuntu for; apon starting up its boots into "Try Ubuntu environment/explorer" before it asks to install
            but ive taken to heart, for kubuntu and the auto configure technique it uses."Eth0 Lan Wan, Ect.."
            and this specific question, has not been asked before?
            ( how to change Kubuntu iso to auto play [ TRY Kubuntu ] )

Comment

I too, must question your question, as I am confused. The LiveCD when created and booted, has the option you are requesting - it's the first item in the menu:

"Try Kubuntu without any change to your computer"

See GraphicalInstallKubuntu
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think I read TheKid86 wants to modify the USB drive to skip the question about installing or trying, he wants it to straight go into the Live mode without the need of his interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
                  I think I read TheKid86 wants to modify the USB drive to skip the question about installing or trying, he wants it to straight go into the Live mode without the need of his interaction.
                  yes bypass that splash screen so it automatically boots into OS[TRY], hate constantly asked to click try or install, id rather choose to install when i can see the OS preform. plus i like this on the CD way more, than installed into the hard drive.

Comment

uhh, besides the splash screen. if i can find my main question this might be better, i want to install kubuntu on USB HDD but not to one comp, kubuntu on usb universally HDD can Have kubuntu OS fully installed on USB HDD? Universal USB Installer just makes it a live USB, when i want to install on USB HDD, how do i get that option, Kubuntu Installer will only install on 1st hard disk. so i can have kubuntu installed on USB HDD to save my each of my different computers like a hero? not live usb, just installed on usb HDD, and compatible with all/most comps,.. i386, da da ect..

Comment

Yes you can select the drive on which to install.
                      You can even select the drive where you want to install Grub, that way Grub is only presented when the USB drive is connected during start up.

Comment

Ok its verified that i can install on a external usb HDD through kubuntu installer and boot my kubuntu installed external USB HDD.. what about flash drives too? so i can walk around with my "kubuntu rescue drive" basically. dont want live usb just installed usb?

Comment

Yes this is possible.
                          The install makes a set up for the hardware you use during the install.
                          Chances are it won't run on very different hardware.

The live CD start with an inventarisation of your hardware and then selecting what is needed to run best.
                          An install will do similar except it doesn't have any additional libraries present.

Comment

Ok so there's installed usb hd wich with livecd for me doesn't offer install option, only on 1st hard disk.
                            But ur sayn that with an usb hd installd kubuntu the range of hardware capibility differs. So would it be better with a live usb for so many diff ranges of comps. If I stay with live usb it still opens into os is all I need.. So that leaves me the question, bypass "try kubuntu splash screen?"

Comment

IF you install Kubuntu on the USB drive (including grub) as you have been advised, there won't be a "try Kubuntu" splash screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X