Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive 250 package update came down today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive 250 package update came down today!

Installing as I type, AFTER I made my Btrfs snapshots, of course!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I imagine that would be --> Plasma 5.6.5 and Frameworks 5.23 available in Kubuntu 16.04 Backports
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

The update didn't recommend a reboot so I continued to use plasma5 for the rest of the day with no problems. This morning I booted up and plasma behaved like crap. I saw an update flag in the system tray and did my usual apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade. It died with a msg saying the previous update did not complete. News to me. It finished up yesterday without a complaint. So I did the usual, sudo dpkg --configure -a and it completed the setup on a dozen packages, mostly libreoffice. Then I did the update dist-upgrade again and three more packages came down, mainly i18n stuff.

I rebooted anyway and now my plasma desktop is back to its fast normal self.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Playing Minecraft 1.9.4 with my grandson and having a blast! Plasma 5 stable as a rock!

Comment

Working...
        X