This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sddm forgetting or not recognizing my password issue

This started very recently; in the last few days.

When I reach the SDDM Login screen, it responds with 'failed' when I type in my password and press Enter. The password I'm typing in is correct and with the correct case. I have to do a shutdown from this screen, and then relaunch the OS. Then, SDDM accepts my password. This is with my 16.04 VM.

I have a second 16.04 VM I use for testing. It isn't affected in this way.

Anyone else experienced this behavior?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Not yet, did it happen after an update?
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Possibly, but I can't say for certain. I only know that this behavior began a few days ago.

I don't want to report it as a bug if nobody else is/has experienced it also.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm on my 16.04 machine now and it didn't complain about my password. I have logged on and off a few times to see if it would happen.
        If you're sitting wondering,
        Which Batman is the best,
        There's only one true answer my friend,
        It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

After I first installed 16.04 I encountered a similar experience, except that rebooting didn't help. I booted into the recovery kernel and selected root with the file system mounted. I ran passwd and reset my password to what it was before. Passwd didn't object. Never had any problem since.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Not had any such problem yet on multiple 16.04/16.10 machine install and VMs.
            On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Mine was associated with a problem which, IIRC, was a grub update. But, my memory isn't the best any more so ....
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X