This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant run firefox after fresh install.

Hi guys, I have fresh install kubuntu 15.04 moments back and so far so great. But I tried to run firefox after updating the system and I got this error message.

KDEInit could not launch 'ksystraycmd':
    Could not open library '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd'.
    Cannot load library /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd: (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Note: I am moving from fedora core 21. For that I kept my /home partition, which include saved favorites and opened tabs from my last firefox usage of there.

Please help.

Originally posted by darking911 View Post
    KDEInit could not launch 'ksystraycmd':
    Bad launcher maybe? Are you launching from the K menu? What does launching from inside a terminal do?

Comment

It is working from the terminal. How can I fix it from the k menu?

Originally posted by ronw View Post
      Bad launcher maybe? Are you launching from the K menu? What does launching from inside a terminal do?

Comment

Originally posted by darking911 View Post
        It is working from the terminal. How can I fix it from the k menu?
        Right click the K, Edit Applications. Find that entry, probably in the Internet group, make the Command line firefox %u.

Comment

your old ~/ from fedora if you have it set as your current ~/ will contain config's and such that are not compatable with *buntu's ,,,,,,this is likly the problem

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
            your old ~/ from fedora if you have it set as your current ~/ will contain config's and such that are not compatable with *buntu's ,,,,,,this is likly the problem

VINNY
            I agree. Can you point me to the previous folder that is used by the old firefox? I will remove firefox, then erase that folder and then install it again.

Comment

probably .mozilla in your ~/ (home/you) but if your going to reinstall it do a purge wile removing it to remove the configs as well

Code:
              sudo apt-get remove --purge firefox
              their may be more than just that that will be conflicting in your old ~/ ,,,,,,you could ,,,,,,,,go to /etc/fstab and comment out the /home line with a # at the begining of it then on reboot and login a default /home/you should be created on the / partition ,,,,should be!

if not have a live media handy to change it back (remove the #)

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
              X