This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Tray

Gave up on upgrading and made a fresh install. Now have problems that applications such as Skype and Dropbox do not appear in the tray area at the bottom right. Restarting Dropbox tells me that it is already running. Skype is starting maximized even though I have ticked the box "start Skype minimized in the system tray", and when I minimize it it stays in the panel, bot in the tray.

Same here. Both Skype and Dropbox are running (they can be found in task manager) but no icons seen. Also aMule minimizes to the left top corner of the screen instead of system tray. Many loose things in Plasma 5, I think...

Comment

For me the Skype icon is showing in the systray but not DropBox.

Comment

There are a few threads here on system tray icons. The short version is that someone will need to change how Dropbox and others communicate with the system tray.

The why: http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blo...systray-icons/

Comment

Thanks guys! Excuse an old newbie, but can I open Dropbox with the Task Manager?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hallergard View Post
            Thanks guys! Excuse an old newbie, but can I open Dropbox with the Task Manager?
            AFAIK you can't do anything with Dropbox (except start it). There is python script you can download that allows limited interaction at the command line.

Comment

For Skype icon to show in system tray on 64bit systems:
              Code:
              sudo apt-get install sni-qt:i386
              Icon will now appear.

Comment

Thanks that worked! Also did fresh install on wife's Laptop, 32-bit: Skype in tray at once (but not Dropbox)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ronw View Post
                  AFAIK you can't do anything with Dropbox (except start it). There is python script you can download that allows limited interaction at the command line.
                  To clarify "not do anything with Dropbox,etc. You obviously can add and delete files to your Dropbox folder and they are archived online and available on any other device by accessing Dropbox on the web. The only thing missing is the icon. Everything else works.
                  Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
                  Always consider Occam's Razor
                  Rich

Comment

Yes, sni-qt did the trick for Skype, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
                      To clarify "not do anything with Dropbox,etc. You obviously can add and delete files to your Dropbox folder and they are archived online and available on any other device by accessing Dropbox on the web. The only thing missing is the icon. Everything else works.
                      Good clarification. Yes, it works fine. Just very silently.

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
                        You have the service menu working? eg: copy public link?
                        kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Yes it works as designed for files in your public folder.
                          Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
                          Always consider Occam's Razor
                          Rich

Comment

Working...
                          X