Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imgur export disappeared from Gwenview -- packaging problem with kipi-plugins

Kipi is the KDE Image Plugin Interface. Kipi-aware applications, like Gwenview and Digikam, take advantage of this interface for a variety of useful plugins. Many of these are helpers for importing and exporting images from and to popular locations about the Internet. The one I use all the time for screenshots is Imgur. I noticed that after upgrading my machine to Utopic, the "Export to Imgur" menu item was missing from the Plugins -> Export menu in Gwenview.

Obviously, I had to track down the problem. Fortunately, I found a solution. You may read the gory details in Launchpad bug 1394085. The tl;dr version is this: the package kipi-plugins needs a few more libraries to work properly; ideally, these need to be declared as dependencies for the package. If you're suffering from Kipi breakage, this should fix you up:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libmediawiki1 libkvkontakte1 libkqoauth0 libqtgstreamerutils-0.10-0
    And for Vivid:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libmediawiki1 libkvkontakte1 libkqoauth0 libqtgstreamerutils-1.0-0
    Last edited by SteveRiley; May 07, 2015, 08:14 PM.

Good detective work.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X