This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch tabs on hover...

Minor issue, but it has been a bit annoying for me. I tend to turn off the option "switch tabs on hover" (right click K menu icon -> application launcher settings -> uncheck box). However, the setting doesn't persist through restarts. Every time I boot into the machine again, the option is turned back on. One thing that I can think of is that I run with the "start with an empty session" option. However, I've always run with empty sessions in previous versions, and it hasn't previously caused these sorts of settings to reset at boot. Anyone know if there is a config file that controls this so that I can turn it off manually and see if that makes the setting permanent?

The plasma desktop is a delicate blossom...

At here: disabling the 'Switch tabs on hover' and log out - log in. The setting seems to stay but the plasma desktop is delicate blossom and sometimes the setting file get screwed.

The plasma desktop & plasma widgets are saving the settings to the ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc. The setting is under '[AppletGlobals][plasma_applet_launcher]' and the setting is: 'SwitchTabsOnHover=false' or 'SwitchTabsOnHover=true'.

The plasma desktop is reading the settings when the desktop is starting and saving the settings when the desktop is shutting down.

Reset the plasma desktop: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...how-to-recover
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Thanks much. The path to the config file was exactly what I needed. Changing the setting manually fixed the problem. A reset of the entire desktop wasn't necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X