This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update removed Akregator, can't reinstall

I installed the latest updates to my Kubuntu 13.10 yesterday (including backports) and the update seems to have uninstalled Akregator. The data file are still around at "~/.kde/share/apps/akregator". Running "sudo apt-get install akregator" says
    Code:
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     akregator : Depends: libkdepim4 (= 4:4.13.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu13.10~ppa1) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    I tried googling around but at least the usual "sudo apt-get (auto)clean" and "sudo apt-get autoremove" commands don't help. Does somebody know how to fix this?

Try:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    sudo apt-get install -f
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I tried that already before posting here. Tried again just in case, but no go.

Comment

"you have held broken packages."

Have you removed any holds?

Comment

I haven't removed any holds. Synaptic and "sudo dpkg --get-selections | grep hold" show no held packages. I also tried the Fix Broken Packages function in Synaptic but it didn't help either. Running "sudo aptitude install akregator" says:
          Code:
          The following NEW packages will be installed:
            akregator libbaloopim4{a} libincidenceeditorsng4{a} libkdepim4{a} libmailcommon4{a} libmailimporter4{a} libmessagecomposer4{a} libmessagecore4{a} libmessageviewer4{a} libpimcommon4{ab} 
            libsendlater4{a} libtemplateparser4{a} 
          0 packages upgraded, 12 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
          Need to get 3 890 kB of archives. After unpacking 13,5 MB will be used.
          The following packages have unmet dependencies:
           libpimcommon4 : Depends: libkgapi2-2 (>= 2.1.0) but 2.0.1-0ubuntu3~ubuntu13.10~ppa1 is installed.
          The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Keep the following packages at their current version:
          1)      akregator [Not Installed]                          
          2)      libincidenceeditorsng4 [Not Installed]             
          3)      libkdepim4 [Not Installed]                         
          4)      libmailcommon4 [Not Installed]                     
          5)      libmailimporter4 [Not Installed]                   
          6)      libmessagecomposer4 [Not Installed]                
          7)      libmessagecore4 [Not Installed]                    
          8)      libmessageviewer4 [Not Installed]                  
          9)      libpimcommon4 [Not Installed]                      
          10)     libtemplateparser4 [Not Installed]
          I tried the first three or four suggestions offered by aptitude, but I think the situation is actually getting worse.

Comment

Ok, got it to start. I ran "sudo aptitude install akregator" once more after messing with the different libs and such with both aptitude and apt-get. The fifth suggestion worked, pasted below:
            Code:
                  Install the following packages:                                      
            1)      akregator [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (saucy-updates)]                    

Keep the following packages at their current version:                
            2)      kmail [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]                   
            3)      libcalendarsupport4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]     
            4)      libincidenceeditorsng4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]  
            5)      libkdepim4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]              
            6)      libkdepimdbusinterfaces4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]
            7)      libkdgantt2-0 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]           
            8)      libkleo4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]                
            9)      libkmanagesieve4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]        
            10)     libkpgp4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]                
            11)     libksieve4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]              
            12)     libksieveui4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]            
            13)     libmailcommon4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]          
            14)     libmailimporter4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]        
            15)     libmessagecomposer4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]     
            16)     libmessagecore4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]         
            17)     libmessagelist4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]         
            18)     libmessageviewer4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]       
            19)     libpimcommon4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]           
            20)     libsendlater4 [Not Installed]                                      
            21)     libtemplateparser4 [4:4.11.5-0ubuntu0.1 (now, saucy-updates)]
            Thanks to everyone for their input!

Comment

Working...
            X