This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting N-trig touch screen to work with plasma [vaio flip 15A]

I have a Vaio Flip 15A with touch and stylus input provided by N-trig DuoSense:

$ xinput
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-trig DuoSense id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-trig DuoSense Pen id=15 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad id=13 [slave pointer (2)]

All applications on this system work as expected with both the stylus and touch, except for plasma. I have tried Kubuntu 13.10 and 14.04.
    The trouble is just that taps on the screen are not recognized by plasma as a click, so although I can hover over plasma widgets by tapping on them, I cannot click on anything. I am able to click using the stylus, and I am able to click in other applications using touch.

Anyone have ideas? There was a brief period (~15 minutes) when I was able to tap on plasma widgets, but that time has come and gone, and I have no idea what I did (if anything) to make it work and then break again.

Maybe installing the package plasma-active? It's for mobile devices (mainly?), but as mobile devices are touch-active devices....
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Good call, that fixed it! Many thanks.

Comment

I take it back--a few hours after fixing the problem, it returned. I still haven't figured out what triggers it to start working again.
        Any ideas appreciated.

(should I start a new thread since this one is already marked solved?)

Comment

Working...
        X