This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing lock background [or default]

First off... let me make clear that I've already changed my login wallpaper, AND my desktop wallpaper. Is there a way to change the default "Elarun" wallpaper both as the system boots up (between the login and the desktop) and/or the lock screen. They are both the default, and I'd rather use my present login wallpaper. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

btw.... I'm using Kubuntu 13.04.

I am running 12.04 and 12.10, so I can't confirm what 13.04 is doing. However, it you open a root copy of Dolphin (kdesudo dolphin) and go to /usr/share/Wallpapers and just rename the default image (whatever it is) to Elarun.png.old (or whatever it is) then copy the wallpaper you want to use to the same location and rename it as Elarun.png (or whatever) the system will look for the default, and find the new default you put there.

Hope that makes sense.

Basically, you are just fooling the machine by replacing the default file with whatever you want to load.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Thanks Frank. That's got the 'lock screen' changed.... but I still have the elarun wallpaper for the startup splash (once again, between the login and the desktop). Anybody have any other thoughts?

Comment

i changed the splash wallpaper by going to /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/1920x1080/ and replaced the background.png in that folder with the one i want. if uve got a different resolution you must choose that folder, and also the new background.png probably has to be that resolution

btw harpllo, what file did u replace for the screen locker background?
        '/usr/share/wallpapers/kde-default.png'
        or
        '/usr/share/wallpapers/Elarun/contents/images/2560x1600.png'
        ?
        Last edited by snerk; May 17, 2013, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snerk View Post
          i changed the splash wallpaper by going to /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/1920x1080/ and replaced the background.png in that folder with the one i want. if uve got a different resolution you must choose that folder, and also the new background.png probably has to be that resolution

btw harpllo, what file did u replace for the screen locker background?
          '/usr/share/wallpapers/kde-default.png'
          or
          '/usr/share/wallpapers/Elarun/contents/images/2560x1600.png'
          ?
          /usr/share/wallpapers/Elarun/contents/images/2560x1600.png. I didn't need to actually CHANGE the resolution of the wallpaper, just changed the name of the file to 2560x1600.png.

Thanks for the reply snerk! I shall try this fix sometime today.... shall keep you updated.

Comment

thanks that worked

Comment

Snerk, your fix worked... after I deleted the cached image in (my user folder) home/.kde/cache/ksplash/default image.png

Thanks all for your help, I'm sure you'll be seeing me around. Now.... do I need to mark this thread as SOLVED??

Comment

To mark a thread SOLVED, click on Thread Tools > Mark this thread as solved...
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  To mark a thread SOLVED, click on Thread Tools > Mark this thread as solved...
                  Thank you, I'll remember this for future reference.

Comment

Working...
                  X