This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install microsoft bluetooth wedge keyboard

Hello, I'm new to Kubuntu. I have a bluetooth keyboard and I can't with any way to install it to my Kubuntu. I search at the google, but that I found, just doesn't work!
    The problem that I have is that any time I try to install it, it doesn't request to me to pair it.

Is there anybody to know how can I install it? More specifically I have microsoft wedge mobile clavier keyboard.

Enable discovery mode on the keyboard. Then in Kubuntu go to System Settings | Bluetooth. Click Add Device. If BlueDevil (KDE's Bluetooth stack) recognizes the keyboard, you should see it appear in the list, along with a prompt to enter a PIN. If BlueDevil doesn't detect the keyboard, then it's unsupported and there's probably nothing we can do.

Comment

I've tried it already, it recognizes the keyboard but does not ask me a PIN. Adheres to the point where it says"Please introduce the PIN in your keyboard when it appears and press Enter".

Comment

I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard to test with, so I'm not sure what you mean by "adheres to the point." Do you mean that Bluedevil never actually displays a PIN that you should type on the keyboard?

Comment

Yes that I mean!

Comment

Hm. You might try selecting Manual PIN and entering a four-digit code (please don't use 1111 or 1234, etc.).

I also found a guide that walks through pairing via command line utilities. But again, since I don't have one, I can't test for you. Sorry.

Comment

Indeed, I have a Bluetooth mouse and it's paired by means of selecting the Manual PIN and entering any numeric code.
              But it get's better, even when you just click next (Volgende in Dutch) it still get's paired
              Attached Files

Comment

I already did this and guess what? It didn't worked!!!!!

Comment

Well, the only thing I can suggest is that you try the command-line pairing steps in the guide I posted. If that doesn't work, then your keyboard is incompatible with Kubuntu.

Comment

I made it! I installed all the packages about bluetooth and suddenly when I start my pc and my keyboard, it asked me to pair my keyboard! I don't know what worked but it worked!!

Comment

Hm, interesting. Would you mind letting us know which packages you installed?

Comment

Working...
                      X