• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Error...

What i have to do?
    screenshot is attached...
    Attached Files
    Hangi çılgın bana zincir vuracakmış? ŞAŞARIM!

Re: Upgrading Error...

Try with the comand line:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    and
    Code:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

N: Ignoring file '10periodic.dpkg-old' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

Comment

and also can't format my usb by unetbootin (and others) for a fresh installation :S

Comment

Originally posted by Qarachai
          N: Ignoring file '10periodic.dpkg-old' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
          The file is supposed to be named 10periodic so I would suggest renaming it (as root) and try the two commands again:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get update
          sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks a lot but i've formatted, now everything is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
              Originally posted by Qarachai
              The file is supposed to be named 10periodic so I would suggest renaming it (as root) and try the
              There is (in all likelyhood) a 10periodic file on the system. .dpkg-* (.dpkg-old, .dpkg-new etc.) files have been created by apt (dpkg) during an upgrade. This happens when user has made changes to a config file and a new version of the package that owns the config file has an updated version of the original config file. In this case, apt has overwritten 10periodic, but saved user-modified config file as 10periodic.dpkg-old so that the changes made to the configuration are not completely lost (and can be merged manually to the new config file if possible/desired). If a user chooses to keep their existing configuration during package upgrade, the old config is kept and the new packaged version is saved as .dpkg-dist instead.

It's usually a good idea to run 'sudo updatedb && sudo locate .dpkg-' from time to time to find altered config files and check whether you want to do some merging...and do some cleanup (removing the "obsolete" configs).

http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/09/21...naged-by-dpkg/

Comment

Working...
              X